Why Should You Install Solar Screens on Your Skylights?
Many Pensacola homeowners enjoy skylights because they're attractive features that allow large amounts of natural light to enter homes. However, these large windows on your ceiling aren't foolproof on their own, so you may require solar screens from a window tinting company to prevent damage caused by excess sunlight and heat. Solar screens can be customized to address your needs, and they can be installed permanently or removed every winter season.
Benefits of Solar Screens
- Glare Reduction: If you're experiencing a lot of glare from sunlight streaming in through your skylights, solar screens are a great solution. By restricting sunlight, solar screens limit the amount of glare on phone, computer, and television screens.
- Heat Control: Solar screens help maintain a cool temperature in your home during the summer months by blocking up to 90 percent of UV rays. If your window tinting company installs permanent solar screens on your skylights, they will help retain heat within your home when temperatures are cold outside.
- Versatility: Solar screens can be installed on most skylights, and they're appropriate for both commercial and residential properties. Homeowners usually select solar screens in customized sizes and colors.
- Fading Prevention: Many homeowners have skylights in rooms with a lot of upholstered furnishings. Over time, sun exposure can fade these fabric surfaces. With solar screens, you can place draperies and upholstered furniture in direct sunlight because they're protected from sun damage.
- Energy Efficiency: Because solar screens block excess heat and sunlight, your HVAC system won't have to work as hard during warm months of the year. Solar screens installed by window tinting experts will provide enough shade to keep your home comfortable so that you don't have to keep adjusting the thermostat. Reducing your energy usage will lower your energy bills and save you money in the long term.
If you're bothered by glare, intense heat, and faded upholstery in rooms with skylights, hire a trusted window tinting company like InvisiGuard Professional Window Tinting to install solar screens in your Pensacola home.